Mast-o-khiar is a delicious, refreshing Persian salad of cucumbers with yogurt, and infused with fragrant herbs. It makes a great appetizer or side dish.
This is a super quick cheat recipe which is nevertheless delicious. Here we are using our secret ingredient, our yoghurt seasoning. It contains lots of delicious herbs, spices and ingredients in a single convenient mix.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 2 tbsp yoghurt seasoning (available here)
- 2 small cucumbers or one large cucumber, cubed
- One pot (500ml) of yoghurt (thick works well)
- Optional fresh or dried mint (available here)
- Optional soaked barberries (available here)
- Simply add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt seasoning and mix into a bowl with one pot (500ml or 1lb) of yoghurt (thick yoghurts work well).
- Next add the cucumber – use two small cucumbers or one large cucumber, scrubbed, and cut into 1cm or ¼ inch pieces. You can keep the skin on if you like.
- Sprinkle a little more seasoning over the top, or garnish the top with fresh or dried mint
- You can also add soaked barberries if you wish, just soak for 10 minutes